Please watch the Registration Tutorial BEFORE pressing the green button below.
MooDoTKD is excited to announce that we’ll be hosting the first annual Oregon State Hanmadang tournament, held right here in Eugene Oregon.
The Oregon State Taekwondo Hanmadang will be divided into TWO days:
• Eugene/Springfield Martial Arts Expo and Open Weapons Tournament on Friday, May 4th. Open to all styles, all schools, held at the North Eugene High School Gym. 200 Silver Lane, Eugene, OR 97404. Free entry to the expo/free participation in demos/free spectator entry on Friday. Expo includes Extreme Trick Kicking Competition, demonstrations in Archery, Sword, Hapkido, Kung Fu, Aikido and VR games! Top prize is a handmade engraved Bokken by Lethal Art. Saturday’s tournament registrants may pick up their badges/check in and get some last minute practice time at the Friday event. Open Weapons Tournament requires pre-registration. Click here to register
– 5:30pm Expo; 6:30pm Open Weapons Competition.
• Oregon State Taekwondo Hanmadang on Saturday, May 5th, at Venue 252.
252 Lawrence St, Eugene, OR 97401 Click here to register
– 8am Archery and Sword Cutting Competition
– 10am Opening Ceremonies followed by main Taekwondo Competition
– 7pm VIP Dinner
Saturday all-day spectator pass: $5 for ages 6+. Ages 5- free entry.
Coach pass: $10/Referee pass: free.
Download/see full poster with welcome letter for the event here. The Hanmadang is an internationally sanctioned tournament that is a non-sparring, skill based competition. Events include forms, creative forms, combination board breaking, power breaking, speed spinning hook kick, high jump front and flying side kick for distance board break events and team competition. It is an important evolution of the martial art tournament modality where practitioners truly get to exhibit, explore and compete in the full realm of their martial art training and skills.
Eligibility for enrollment: all belt levels/all ranks, ages 6+, anyone from any state can enroll in this tournament. All competitors must provide at least 3 boards for each breaking event (more for combo breaks), purchase during online registration. Additional boards available at the tournament: $5 for 3 boards. Power break boards $2 each. Registration closes May 4th at midnight. No registration May 5th. Wear any martial arts uniform.
WE INVITE YOU, YOUR MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOL AND YOUR BUSINESS TO GET INVOLVED IN SPONSORING AND CREATING THIS EVENT IN MAY OF 2018. Download the sponsor packet here.
Check our our promotional poster below!
HUGE THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS! Please click on the image for full view.
2018 Asian Celebration
Some highlights from the 33rd Annual Oregon Asian Celebration Feb. 17 – 18, 2018.
Photos by Lorri Eidenschink Broaddus.
NW Martial Arts Championship
44th Annual NW Martial Arts Championship with Grandmaster Hung Choi in Portland. The board breaking machine was a huge hit!
Having a blast in class.
Master Cameron – Northwest Ninja Park
Master Cameron, who set the World Record for Women’s Back Kick Power Break at 11 boards recently opened the Northwest Ninja Park in Springfield, Oregon. We wish her luck and success. nwninjapark.com and womenspowerbreaking.com
L’il Dragons TKD
L’il Dragons TKD/movement/fun class for little kids (ages 4 to 6 with parents) is doing great and we have room this spring for new students. Please tell anyone you think may be interested in this class. Thursdays @ 3:15pm – 4pm.